Product Care and Maplelea Spa
We’ve taken extra special care to ensure that all Maplelea dolls and accessories will stand the test of time. The basic care tips below will help ensure that she is always looking her best. Should your Maplelea doll have a misadventure that our care tips do not cover, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com for assistance, or read more about the Maplelea Spa Service.
Your Maplelea doll's head, arms, and legs can be surface washed with cool water, gentle soap or a baking soda paste, and a soft cloth. Please do not immerse the doll's head or body in water.
For scuffs and scratches, a clean makeup sponge can work to buff out scratches or shiny areas from the doll’s skin, restoring the soft matte texture.
We do not recommend washing her hair unless absolutely necessary, as repeated washings can cause it to frizz. If necessary, follow the directions below. Be careful to not let her eyes get wet, as this may damage the doll.
Dolls should be stored in light coloured outfits. Do not store dolls for a long period of time against dark fabrics, leather, plastic or vinyl. Do not store dolls with print or ink contacting the dolls, such as with photocopied paper, or grocery bags with print.
Hand wash separately in cool water with gentle soap. Lay flat to dry.
Shoes and non-fabric accessories: Surface wash only.
• Be very gentle when brushing the hair. Always use a metal wig brush, like the Maplelea Hairbrush. Plastic brushes and combs will snag the hair.
• You may find it easiest to sit your doll between your legs to hold her steady, or you can ask someone else to hold her while you brush.
• To work out tangles, hold the scalp and upper hair with one hand, and the brush in your other hand. Start at the bottom edge and brush just the very ends of the hair. Work your way up one centimeter at a time (or less if very tangled.).
• Be very careful to work the tangles out, rather than breaking them out.
• Frizziness may be caused by leaving it in a tangled state or by rough treatment when brushing.
• Don’t wash your doll’s hair unless absolutely necessary. Repeated washings may cause it to frizz.
• If you must wash it, be very careful that you do not get your doll’s eyes or body wet. Make sure she is always face-up so the water doesn’t run into her eyes.
• Use a mild shampoo and gently lather the hair, but not the scalp.
• To dry the hair, use a towel and squeeze out the water. Do not rub or twist the hair.
• Let it dry naturally. It may take overnight.
• To style hair, use a metal wig brush such as the Maplelea Hairbrush, barrettes, elastics, rollers (without heat), and other accessories.
• Misting with water will assist to provide semi-permanent styling.
• Never use heat on your doll’s hair. That means no blow dryers, curling irons, hot curlers or any other heat device. Heat will cause the hair to melt or frizz.
Just as for real girls who are very active, you may find that putting your doll’s hair in a low ponytail or a braid will prevent the hair from getting tangled as the two of you move about your busy day. Or, you can use the Maplelea bun maker, from the Pirouettes and Pliés ballet set.
Note: Do not use a brush on dolls with curly hair, such as KMF6 and KMF11. Curly hair should be finger styled only.
Even the best loved dolls sometimes have misadventures when living in a busy household with little siblings, puppy dogs and other hazards. If misfortune has befallen your Maplelea Girl, perhaps a visit to the Maplelea Spa is just what she needs.
Your Maplelea Girl will be returned looking and feeling great. She will be wearing a comfy spa gown and matching slippers, accompanied by journal pages detailing her spa experience. The spa fee is $56.
*Please note that Maplelea Friends dolls KMF3, KMF4, KMF5, KMF6, KMF7 and KMF8 have been discontinued. If you are sending one of these Maplelea Friends dolls to the spa, we will do our best to match the skin, eye, and hair colour, however the replacement doll will not be the exact same model. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to admit your Maplelea Girl doll to the Spa:
1. Complete a Spa Admission Form.
2. Place your undressed doll with the admission form and payment in suitable packaging. Do not include any clothing or accessories with your doll.
3. If you would like to include any product purchases to be shipped with the doll, there would be no additional charge for shipping. Just include the order form and payment with the doll you are returning.
4. Mail your package to:
1145 Nicholson, Unit #3
Newmarket, ON L3Y 9C3
5. The Spa visit takes five business days. To determine when you will receive your doll back, add the amount of transportation time it takes for the doll to get to and from the Spa. If you wish to pick up your doll, we will phone or email to advise when it is ready.
Important Information about the Maplelea Spa
1. Our Maplelea Spa is actually a doll replacement service. The doll you will receive back will be a completely new doll. Please note that all Maplelea Girl dolls have a generation number on the back of the neck. The doll that you receive back will have the generation number that is currently available, which may be different than the generation number on your original doll. We are sorry, but we are unable to make repairs to dolls.
2. We must receive the doll before sending out the replacement.
3. A doll can only be replaced with a doll of the same character.
If you have any questions please contact customer service at email@example.com