Privacy and Security
- Avonlea Traditions Inc. takes online privacy seriously, we are committed to protecting online privacy and the safety of all our website visitors. Our Maplelea website does not require visitors to share any personal information about themselves in order to enjoy this site and participate in many online activities that it provides. This site does contain special sections and benefits for members that register, however we do not collect personally identifiable information unless a visitor specifically provides it for this purpose.
- Note to Parents
- Parents, while we make every effort to make your child's visit to our website a safe and enjoyable one, we recommend that you spend time online with your children and monitor their online use. Please help us protect your child's privacy by teaching them never to provide personal information on any website without discussing this with you first and obtaining permission.
- If you are under the age of 18 years, please be sure to read this policy with your parents and ask questions about anything you do not understand. If you are under the age of 13 years, please remember that it is important to always consent with a parent before submitting any personal information on this site or any other site on the Internet.
- About Our Site
- The Maplelea website includes information about our company and our products, registrations, and contests, among other items of interest. Our site consists of five main areas:
- General Information: Various sections of this site feature information regarding the company, Avonlea Traditions Inc., the Maplelea product line, customer service, contact information, and other related content.
- The Maplelea Blog: This section is updated frequently, and includes information about Maplelea news, products, events, and contests and promotions.
- Shop: This section of our website allows you to review all Maplelea products as well as shop on-line. Please note that one must be at least 18 years of age in order to shop on-line.
- Personal Information for Contests, Promotions & Registrations
- Avonlea Traditions Inc. understands and appreciates the concerns that parents and families may have with regard to information gathered about site users visiting our website. Any information that is voluntarily supplied to Avonlea Traditions Inc. is used solely for the purposes indicated at the time that it is collected. All personal information that is collected on our website is stored in a secure database and intended for the exclusive use of Avonlea Traditions Inc. and is not shared, sold, or disclosed to members of a third party.
- We do not collect any information from children under the age of 13 years without parental consent. Parents have the option to allow or deny the communication of any or all personal information and information that has been collected by a child can be revoked at any time. In some instances, Avonlea Traditions Inc. may collect some information from a child under the age of 13 years without parental consent only if a child sends an electronic inquiry and the child's e-mail address is required simply to respond to a one-time question or comment. In this case, their e-mail address will be stored long enough to respond to this request and will then be deleted from our system.
- Email Identification
- When site users send an e-mail message to Avonlea Traditions Inc. through the Contact Us form, the only information that is automatically stored is a return e-mail address, a phone number (if provided) and a time stamp, to let us know exactly when the email was sent. We store e-mails long enough to respond to a specific request, after such is done, it is deleted from our system.
- General Website Traffic
- Avonlea Traditions Inc. tracks the number of visits to our site. We do not track individual users from this, but calculate a total number of visits to certain sections of the website for purpose of determining section popularity and to help us provide the best possible content for our site users.
- Avonlea Traditions Inc.
PO Box 93157, 1111 Davis Drive
- This web site takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the web site, this information is protected both online and off-line. When our order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the current industry standard encryption protocol - SSL. In addition, credit card information is never stored anywhere in our system. We also protect user information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
- www.maplelea.com does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the operation, quality or functionality of the site. Access to the site may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason.
- www.maplelea.com also does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the content of the material appearing on the site, its accuracy, completeness, timelessness or fitness for any particular purpose.
- To the full extent permissible by law, www.maplelea.com disclaims all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, financial loss, damages for loss in business projects, loss of profits or other consequential losses) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Site or any material appearing on www.maplelea.com, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using www.maplelea.com or any such material. www.maplelea.com contains links to external sites. www.maplelea.com is not responsible for and has no control over the content of such sites. Information on www.maplelea.com, or available via hypertext link from www.maplelea.com, is made available without responsibility on the part of www.maplelea.com. www.maplelea.com disclaims all responsibility and liability (including for negligence) in relation to information on or accessible from www.maplelea.com.